How are we funded?
- My salary is paid by Dudley CVS, the charity I work for and they have run this appeal for over 40 years. Dudley CVS is an independent registered charity and not part of Dudley Council
- Everyone who helps is a VOLUNTEER who gives their time for free
- We run the appeal from a venue which has been given to us for FREE. In 2019 Black Country Radio offered us space
What are our criteria for support?
- We take requests from not-for-profits across Dudley borough, which may be a voluntary, community, faith sector group or a statutory service including local social workers, council staff, schools and the NHS
How do we take referrals?
- Staff/volunteers email us a list of children/young people needing gifts. The only data we collect is age and gender
Why don’t we wrap everything?
We do not wrap anything apart from grotto presents, for a number of reasons.
- The present must be appropriate for the child and the best person to judge that is the person recommending them for a gift
- It gives the parent[s] some dignity in that they can wrap the gift for their child themselves
How can I help?
- Help spread the word about what we do and the impact we have, sharing our wishlists and helping to generate more donations
- Share our good news stories and successes
- Help us reach more potential recipients by telling them what we do and how to access our service
Why we are proud to be different
- We may be small and local but we make Christmas happen
- EVERY PENNY raised goes to support local children and young people who need it
- Our gifts and cash donations come from people who are proud to support us because what they give goes directly to children and young people who may otherwise think Santa has forgotten them.
|Operation Santa is organised by:
Dudley CVS, 7 Albion Street, Brierley Hill, DY5 3EE
Tel: 01384 573381 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Registered charity No. 517766 incorporated under the 1995 Companies Act No 1998105
|Download our wishlist from:||Like, follow and share our stories at:
|Chat to Eileen
on 01384 573381